users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Why does Netbeans place jersey libs in straight Java EE 6 WAR?

From: John Yeary <johnyeary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:38:12 +0000

Hello Jan,

You can right-click on the project and go to Properties --> libraries and
uncheck the package checkboxes to not include the jars in your war file.
This will resolve to using the default EE implementation in GlassFish. See
attached image.

John
____________________________

John Yeary
____________________________

<http://javaevangelist.blogspot.com/> <https://twitter.com/jyeary>
<http://www.youtube.com/johnyeary>
  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jyeary>
<https://plus.google.com/112146428878473069965>
  <http://www.facebook.com/jyeary>
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/JavaEvangelistJohnYearysBlog>
  <http://netbeans.org/people/84414-jyeary>
____________________________

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
that knows not victory nor defeat."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Jan Algermissen
<algermissen1971_at_mac.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I figured that most of the
> knowledgeable and likely interested people are on this list.
>
> I am working on a Java EE 6 application, using JAX-RS but no Jersey
> specific features. However, when I build the application, Netbeans includes
> jersey libraries in the WAR. When I deploy that WAR to JBoss 6 there seems
> to be a missing library:
>
> "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> com.sun.jersey.core.util.FeaturesAndProperties"
>
> Does anyone know, whet the Jersey libs are included in the WAR and if I
> can keep netbeans from doing that?
>
> Jan

PackageSelection.png
(image/png attachment: PackageSelection.png)