users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: JSON document -> JAXB class ?

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:16:09 -0800

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Arun Gupta <arun.p.gupta_at_oracle.com> wrote:

> Thanks Tatu and John!
>
> I've started hand-crafting the POJO class with @XmlRootElement. My
> question was looking for some utility that can generate this class for me
> by introspecting the JSON response. The service endpoint is a well known
> endpoint and I only need this on the client-side so @Produces and @Consumes
> will not be required.

Yes, that's not a bad idea; you could have a look at:
https://github.com/wotifgroup/json2pojo
which I think tries to do just that and looks like an interesting project.
And as usual, more usage a lib gets, better it becomes (haven't used it yet
myself but am definitely interested).

There may well be other similar projects, so maybe others can share more
links.

-+ Tatu +-