users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Memory issue when upgrading from ver 1.0.3

From: Aditya Aggarwal <aditya.aggarwal_at_caris.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:07:53 -0400

We have a web application (java 7) that has a dependency on this
library. Recently we switched to using the latest version of Jersey
(1.11). This switch resulted in the application using three times more
memory when deploying in tomcat resulting in PermGen space exception.
The usage went from roughly 40 MB to 120 MB PermGen space.
I tried rolling back to other versions as well such as 1.1.5, 1.2 etc,
but anything above 1.0.3 results in the tomcat exception. I have
attached the dependencies from the effective pom file for reference.
Was wondering if there is a known issue with using java 7, or maybe the
minimum default for using the library has changed?

Thank You
Aditya