users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Read a file from a Jersey resource deployed on tomcat

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:54:18 +0100

On 12/12/11 10:35 AM, Monika Solanki wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> I am using the Jersey 1.9.1 archive along with the jsr311-api that
> comes bundled with it. All the jars are in the path. I create the
> Jersey resource and it is a plain Jersey app. When I try to declare
> the ServletContext variable, I am told that it is not a valid type. I
> thought that ServletContext was a part of jsr311 or am I missing
> something?

ServletContext is not part of jsr311, it is part of servlet api (fully
qualified name is javax.servlet.ServletContext).

so if its compile time error, you maybe need to add following dependency:

<dependency>
<groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
<artifactId>javax.servlet-api</artifactId>
<version>3.0.1</version>
</dependency>

(and probably set it as provided, your container should already include
that)

Pavel