users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Measuring execution time for each resource method separately

From: Marshall Pierce <marshall_at_mpierce.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:12:37 -0800

On 12/29/2011 04:07 PM, Coda Hale wrote:
> I agree, it's not a good fit, but the API is a) not really documented
> regarding overall behavior and b) mostly implemented in private
> classes.
>
> If folks here have a better idea for how to decorate the underlying
> ResourceMethodDispatch instance in a cleaner way, I'd change this in
> a heartbeat.

It sounds like we've identified a concrete task that Jersey doesn't
offer a good hook for: being able to observe resource method invocation
in a manner similar to what servlet Filters let you do.

It doesn't seem like this is *too* big a feature to add, but I have only
a passing familiarity with the dispatch mechanisms inside Jersey. Can
anyone weigh in with what would be needed to implement something along
these lines? I'm happy to help out with implementing it, but I'd feel
more comfortable diving in if I had a clearer idea of what will be needed.

Marshall