users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: PermGen Memory Leak in Tomcat

From: Jakub Podlesak <jakub.podlesak_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 09:50:51 +0200

Hi Holger,

On 15.10.2011 15:25, Holger Hoffstaette wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:18:07 +0200, Jakub Podlesak wrote:
>
>> Looks like Tomcat>= 7.0.6 fixes the issue (see [1]).
> No, it *tries to work around broken software*. That's different.

I just tried to suggest a temporary fix for the original problem
reporter and whoever else is experiencing
similar issue. And in the given scenario the upgrade actually works as a
fix, as Tomcat will actually
clean up the thread locals when the application has been redeployed.

>> Any chance you can update your Tomcat?
> How does this "fix" the actual problem when Jersey will still leak
> everyhwere else?

See above, this is only applicable as a temporary fix for Tomcat users.

~Jakub