users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Jersey Client compiled with Java 1.5

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:36:57 +0200

Hello Sebi,

Jersey 1.3+ (including jersey-client) requires JDK 1.6+. However, client
code does not directly depend on anything from 1.6, so in theory, you
should be able to do it by yourself. We don't provide jersey-client or
any other Jersey component built using JDK 1.5.

I gave it a try and seems like we already started using @Override
annotation for interfaces, which is not compatible with JDK 1.5, so its
not that easy. Additionally, you'll need to add jaxb api and impl (it is
included to JDK from version 1.6).

Why do you need it? Can you to update to JDK 1.6? (or better phrased
question - why don't you want update JDK to 1.6?)

Regards,
Pavel