users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re:

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 12:05:01 -0700

Hello Bharat,

answers inline.

On 10/5/11 7:10 AM, bharat.m69_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently we have implemented the GET method in our application.
>
> Can anyone tell me how the POST method could be implemented with
> minimum changes?
replace @GET with @POST.

you might want to study our user guide:
http://jersey.java.net/nonav/documentation/latest/jax-rs.html#d4e137

> What is the maximum character limit for GET method and POST method?
in what context? Entity can be theoretically indefinite (it can be
stream); url length is something different - it may be theoretically
indefinite as well, but browsers usually limit its size to ~2000 characters.

> Can you explain the implementation of POST method.
see http protocol rfc: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616.html

Regards,
Pavel