users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Using ContainerRequestFilter to return a response right away

From: charlesk <charlesk40_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:27:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I would like to use a ContainerRequestFilter to return a response right away
rather than going through the whole request chain and other lifecycles.
Other than throwing a ContainerException, I could not figure out a way to do
this. I can flush/close the response but it goes through the rest of the
lifecycles.

The reason I would like to use ContainerRequestFilter is to catch the
request right away if it meets certain url path or certain headers are
encountered and return the response right away rather then going through the
entire life cycle.

Is ContainerRequestFilter right place to do such things? If not, can some
one provide any suggestions?
Thanks