users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: nil instead of null

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:05:05 -0700

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 7:36 AM, nbaliga <nbaliga_at_cleartrial.com> wrote:
> I tried out the changes you suggested above and yes, it works just fine!
>
> The UNWRAP_ROOT_NODE Feature on DeserializationConfig also works, which was
> another issue I think in 1.8.

Ok good.

> Since I haven't heard from anyone about how to get Jersey's Natural
> implementation to generate a null instead of a nil, I'm concluding that the
> only solution is to wait for Jackson 1.9 to be GA and incorporate it into my
> Jersey app.

Yeah -- there may be other suggestions coming down, but I think
jackson-based POJO binding is the preferred way at this point.

Jackson team is now in process of beta-testing 1.9; users have found
couple of issues that we want to fix, but so far so good, and release
should be out within about 1 week. It should be really useful update,
esp. for anyone using JAXB annotations.

-+ Tatu +-