users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Implementing a REST endpoint in a standalone java app

From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh_at_wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:03:59 -0400

Hi Guys,

I am wondering what is the best approach for implementing a REST
endpoint within a standalone java app (say a Swing client). I am
considering doing something along the lines of the
com.sun.jersey.samples.https_grizzly jersey sample. Before I get too
deep I wanted to check if this makes sense or if there is a better way.

To provide some context, I have a swing client, many instance of which
may be running on many machines. Each swing client needs to be kept
synchronized with changes in my server in a scalable manner. My desired
solution is to implement a pubsubhubbub
<http://pubsubhubbub.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pubsubhubbub-core-0.3.html> subscriber
within the Swing client to subscribe to an event feed within a hub that
my server publishes the event feed to. Thus I am looking for a way to
implement the subscribers rest endpoint within the swing client.

Thank you for your help.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi