users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: jersey-binding module

From: George Sapountzis <gsapountzis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:31:03 +0300

Hi,

Reminder summary: The jersey-binding module is a utility module for
using JAX-RS resources as MVC controllers. It provides support for
form and query beans and reports binding errors to the resource method
instead of throwing an exception. It is available at
[jersey-binding](https://github.com/gsapountzis/jersey-binding).

For example usage, see the available tests e.g. [provider
test](https://github.com/gsapountzis/jersey-binding/blob/master/src/test/java/com/sun/jersey/binding/impl/provider/FormBeanProviderTest.java).

It now has support for:

* query beans (in addition to form beans)
* collection and map types
* message body reader for form beans
* ...

I also re-factored the code away from Injectable and
InjectableProvider to more appropriate Binder and BinderProvider
abstractions. All in all, it now supports the majority of features I
wanted to add and is a decent multivalued map binder.

I am _not_ proposing to include the module in jersey and will rename
the package from com.sun.jersey to avoid confusion that is an official
jersey module in anyway. However, I _do_ propose some minor jersey
patches that will enable the module to run with stock jersey (and
avoid code duplication). The patches are available at a for-review
branch [here](https://github.com/gsapountzis/jersey/commits/for-review).

Please take a look at the proposed patches.

regards,
George.