users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: [WebDAV] required (maven) dependencies for webdav-jaxrs

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 08:02:32 +0200

Hello wierob,

as I said, java.net's Maven repository is currently undergoing some
changes... But I tried it and the download still was worked well, so you
do not need to compile it on your own. Here is a short how-to for
building and running the sample:

svn co
https://svn.java.net/svn/webdav-addressbook~svn/tags/webdav-addressbook-
1.2 sample
cd sample
mvn clean install exec:java

I tried using Maven 2 and it worked well (downloaded webdav-jaxrs binary
and other dependencies, built, and run well). With Maven 3 it seems the
Wagon provider needed for the old (non-Kenai) java.net repository is not
working. That issue will be solved as soon as the project is moved to
the new java.net repository (the Wagon provider is not needed anymore
then), which will happen in the next weeks (have to wait until all other
dependencies have moved before to get rid of the repository entry in the
pom.xml file).

Anyways, have a look in the pom.xml file of that sample and you will
find the needed dependecies you need in your own project. The partciular
WebDAV depency is:

<dependency>
        <groupId>net.java.dev.webdav</groupId>
        <artifactId>webdav-jaxrs</artifactId>
        <version>[1.1.1,1.2)</version>
</dependency>

(all the other dependencies have nothing to do with WebDAV)

If you want to access your WebDAV resource using Microsoft's WebDAV
Redirector or the WebDAV Client built into the Microsoft Office
products, you can use the Interop filter provided by us. This filter is
silently working around a lot of bugs in Microsoft's WebDAV clients.

<dependency>
        <groupId>net.java.dev.webdav</groupId>
        <artifactId>webdav-interop</artifactId>
        <version>[1.2.1,1.3)</version>
</dependency>

Note that it will only work if bound to serve at the ROOT ("/") since
Microsoft needs that.

Regards
Markus