users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: HTTP status code for Sess Expiration

From: Gary Moore <gary.moore_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 15:22:26 -0400

Jersey itself has no notion of sessions. Whatever authentication
provider you are using would probably handle this out in front of
Jersey.

If you're rolling your own: "401 - Unauthorized" is appropriate. That
will direct most clients to re-initiate authentication if possible
(Digest, for instance).

--
Gary Moore
http://www.gmoore.net