users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Entity streams

From: Tauren Mills <tauren_at_groovee.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:51:16 -0700

Gili,

Something else to consider is that there might be better tools for
doing what you need to do. It sounds like WebSockets might be a better
match for you. Unfortunately, I'm not at all familiar with using this
in the Java world, so I can't provide any Java-specific pointers.

But lately I've been dabbling with Node.JS [1] and Socket.IO [2].
Might be worth looking into. The great thing about Socket.IO is that
it supports Javascript clients all the way back to IE5.5, and could
save you a bunch of client-side work.

[1] http://nodejs.org/
[2] http://socket.io/

Tauren