users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] ClientAbortException in JsonXmlStreamWriter

From: NBW <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:31:02 -0500

Hi folks -

Lately I've been seeing a couple of strange issues on one of my systems.
Here's the specs:

Windows XP Pro x64 Edition version 2003 Service Pack 2
Glassfish 9.1_02 (build b04-fcs)
JDK 1.6.0_22 Sun hotspot
Jersey 1.0

Occasionally I am seeing "ClientAbortException: java.io.IOException: An
established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine" [1]
and "ClientAbortException: java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException" [2]
from com.sun.jersey.impl.json.writer.JsonXmlStreamWriter. This results in
these stack traces filling up the server log causing it to rotate every
second. The load caused by this makes the sever unresponsive and the only
way to correct it is to restart GF. The log filling issue sound similar to
this issue though the reported exception is slightly different [3].

I think there are two issues at work here. One being the underlying cause of
the connection being closed and other being the failure to handle this more
gracefully then filling up the logs.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-Noah