users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: AsyncHttpClient + Jersey

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:09:04 +0100

yes, there is a difference and it is like you wrote - Jersey Client
async support still uses HttpURLConnection; it spawns a new thread which
is used to execute actual request. I'm not sure how AsyncHttpClient
works yet, but I'd guess they have their own thread pool which allows
requests and responses being handled each by different thread..

Pavel