users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] WADL Generation, ResourceDoclet, and Inner-Class Names

From: Chris Hubick <chris_at_hubick.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:42:04 -0700

Hi,

It seems that when generating resourcedoc.xml, Jersey's ResourceDoclet
separates inner-class names using dots ('.', ClassDoc format), but
that when trying to process this document,
WadlGeneratorResourceDocSupport expects inner-class names to be
separated using the dollar sign ('$', Class format).

In my generated WADL, I don't see any doc elements for my inner class
resources (most of them), unless I switch their dots to dollars in
resourcedoc.xml, then it seems to work fine.

I'm not sure which of the reading or writing side is correct, nor do I
know enough about Doclets or ClassDoc to really write a patch.

I would file in Jira, but it won't let me login, nor do I receive the
password reset emails.

Thanks!

--
Chris Hubick