users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: unit test jersey rest call with jersey test framework

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 13:35:42 +0100

On Dec 27, 2010, at 5:18 AM, Srinivas Naresh Bhimisetty wrote:

> That sounds to be proper.
> I'm not sure why this behavior is observed.

That error occurs because JSR 311 API 1.1 is in the class path,
specifically the version obtained from the maven central repo:

   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/ws/rs/jsr311-api/1.1/

and 1.1.1 should be used instead. (Note that Jersey bundles JSR 311
API 1.1.1 311 in jersey-core)

History: the JAX-RS EG found a backwards compatibility issue that
needed to be fixed, but before that was fixed someone (not us) pushed
the artifacts to the maven central repo and once there they cannot be
removed, deprecated or updated.

Paul.