users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Re: Alternate to HttpRequestContext#getAcceptableMediaType

From: Imran M Yousuf <imyousuf_at_smartitengineering.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:14:50 +0600

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_oracle.com> wrote:

>> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 @ 19:25:04, Imran M
>> Yousuf<imyousuf_at_smartitengineering.com>  wrote
>>>
>>> I have requirement for which I will need to use a functionality such
>>> as HttpRequestContext.getAcceptableMediaType; but I see that it has
>>> been deprecated (SVN Commit #3121), could find the reason of
>>> deprecation in Issue 382 or release note. Is it safe to use it? What
>>> is the right API use for same purpose?
> <snip />
> The methods are deprecated because they are no longer used, and necessarily
> accurate in light of changes to what the "qs" means.
>
> Imran, what are you using them for?

I am using it for a CMS where the representation of a content can be
user defined. That is, a user can say that "use this representation
template (e.g. a velocity template) to generate x/y media format of
this content". So what I have is user defined media types and clients
accept media types, I want to choose the best fit of them. Please let
me know if further clarification is needed.

Regards,

Imran

> <snip />
> Paul.

Imran M Yousuf
Entrepreneur & CEO
Smart IT Engineering Ltd.
25/5B, Block F, Haji Chinu Miah Road Bylane
Joint Quarter, Mohammadpur
Dhaka - 1207, Bangladesh
Email: imran_at_smartitengineering.com
Twitter: @imyousuf - http://twitter.com/imyousuf