users@jersey.java.net

Jersey-test and Spring

From: Joshua Braegger <rckclmbr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 09:47:34 -0600

Hi,

I am having an issue getting Jersey tests working with Spring. I have a
unit test constructor defined as follows:

    public PushNotificationServiceTest()throws Exception {
        super((new WebAppDescriptor.Builder("com.example.resource")
                .contextParam("contextConfigLocation",
"classpath:/applicationContext.xml")
                .contextPath("/")
                .servletClass(SpringServlet.class)
                .contextListenerClass(ContextLoaderListener.class)
                .requestListenerClass(RequestContextListener.class)
                .build()));
    }

and a test that gets a simple resource that injects a service, which uses
spring to handle dependency injection of another dependency. Everything
with Jersey is fine, but Spring is not working at all.

I have included "jersey-test-framework-http" v1.4-ea06 as a maven
dependency. The container starts up just fine, and locates the resources
just fine, but nothing in spring works. Even @Inject annotations work,
since they're used by Jersey, but any spring dependency injection does not
work -- I just get a NullPointerException thrown. In fact, if I change the
name of "applicationContext.xml" to something like "bogus.xml", it doesn't
even throw a FileNotFoundException like I'm assuming it should... so it's
not even *trying* to initialize spring beans. The application works great
when the war is normally deployed.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance for your help
-Josh