users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Resolved CDI NPE issues with JAX-RS/Jersey

From: algermissen1971 <algermissen1971_at_me.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:19:12 +0000 (GMT)

Paul,

On 25 Oct, 2010,at 02:08 PM, Paul Sandoz <paul.sandoz_at_oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some good news for those of you who have experienced the frustrating
> NPE deployment issues with JAX-RS/Jersey when CDI is enabled.
>
> We have managed to implement an alternative workaround. Thanks to John
> Lister for verifying that it works and for a patch to resolve some
> related issues. I would encourage others to verify.
>
> Some of you may recall that we have to work around an issue related to
> proxying of the CDI extension. The proxying issue is still being
> investigated.
>
> The new workaround is in Jersey 1.5-ea03 and should be available in
> the next promoted build of GlassFish.

That is great news, thank you!

Assuming it is also some kind of work around that has to be turned on somehow (like the last one) and given that I personally want to use the standard NB/GF combination as-is: what would I have to do to enable the workaround once I have replcaed the Jersey packages in NB/GF?

Jan