users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jaxb/Json and XmlElementRef

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 09:44:39 -0700

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:36 AM, Johannes Schneider
<mailings_at_cedarsoft.com> wrote:

> On 09/01/2010 11:51 AM, Paul Sandoz wrote:
>> Hi Johannes,
>>
>> I am guessing there are some underlying constraints with the default,
>> mapped or badgerFish configuration. Jakub, who is currently on holiday,
>> may know more.
>>
>> To switch to the natural convention see here:
>>

>> https://jersey.dev.java.net/nonav/documentation/latest/user-guide.html#d4e815
>
> This is not exactly the best option. I would have to implement too much
> to get it working.

And as usual, the other way is to go "pure Jackson", by registering
JacksonJaxrsProvider.
That would make JSON look much more natural. Configuration for this is
global, affecting only json handling; xml can be produced and consumed
using JAXB.

-+ Tatu +-