users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Re: custom serializer not getting called

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:30:27 -0700

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:18 PM, jameskpublic <jameskpublic_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm getting json in the output, and I haven't explicitly enabled the POJO
> support.
> The framework is honoring the "@XmlRootElement" on the EmailMessage class,
> and the framework throws an exception if I remove it.
>
> Doesn't all that imply that it's using the jackson provider?

Actually, opposite, as Jackson doesn't care about @XmlRootElement (in
future it may be optionally used for wrapping, but it won't be
required).

> Is there a simple way to check, or explicitly bind the provider?

Paul included a link which I hope helps -- basically you will just
need to register the provider, and for better or worse there are
multiple ways to do that.

-+ Tatu +-