users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Logging to an external file

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:28:52 -0700

Hi,

What version of Jersey are you using?

Older versions of Jersey used to write to System.out but later
versions use JDK logging to the Logger names by the same class:

   LoggingFilter.class.getName()

So you could reconfigure JDK logging, or follow suggestions by Chris.

If you are configuring explicitly by registering an implementation of
ResourceConfig you can register an instance of LoggingFilter with the
ResourceConfig and pass in your own logger.

Paul.