users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jersey at GitHub.com

From: Martin Matula <Martin.Matula_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:47:42 -0700

Hi,

On Sep 14, 2010, at 8:12 AM, James Strachan wrote:

> Having a github mirror is great for letting folks contribute patches;
> which over time (once the SLA is vetted etc) can be contributed back
> to the main repo. Ideally its even better if you just ditch the svn
> and keep a git repo as the main read/write repo :)

I am worried this would create a mess which will be hard to track. The
preferred way of submitting patches is through IssueTracker - that way
we don't need people to sign SCA - so is fairly simple and we keep
track of things more easily.
So, I agree we should keep the git repo read-only. It also simplifies
the synchronization.
And +1 for github.com/jersey/jersey.
Martin