users@jersey.java.net

Re: deployment issues with latest glassfish build

From: John Lister <john.lister_at_kickstone.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 22:45:25 +0100

On 10/09/2010 09:29, Paul Sandoz wrote:
>What version of GlassFish are you using?

either 3.0.1-22 or 3.1.0-18 result in the issue

>Can you provide more details on your application, preferably attaching a reproducible test case to the bug?

Attached to the issue. It is simply a single resource class with 1 method. When you call the method the given exception is raised.

>There are some fundamental errors going on here which makes me think there is a conflict between the version of Jersey deployed in the war
>and the version of Jersey distributed with GlassFish.

They should be the same as I build the war using the jersey jars from
the glassfish modules directory, but I could be wrong...
The version of jersey is listed as 1.4-0.4 (not what is below) and dated
31 Aug 2010. I was using a slightly older version from a few weeks ago
with no issues.

Thanks

John

>>On 10/09/2010 00:14, John Lister wrote:
>>Hi, using the latest dev release (1.4.04 31/08/2010) in glassfish of
jersey I get 2 issues around deployment.

>>Firstly when I deploy, all seems to go well except I get a number of
warnings of the form
>>WARNING: WEB9052: Unable to load class getAbout, reason:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: getAbout
>>(where getAbout is a resource method) for each method within my
resources. Secondly when I try and run my application, I get a sequence
of Null Pointer errors listed below. This seems to be caused by an error
initialising a CDIComponentProviderFactory, calling
getInitializedExtension returns null (as no extension is assigned to the
threadlocal variable) which causes a NullPointerException when it tries
to assign the application. Then in the ContainerRequest constructor
another NullPointerException results when trying to enable the tracing
because the application hasn't been assigned.

>>This looks to be caused by the work around for the weld proxying bug
as previously getInitialisedExtensions wasn't called.