users@jersey.java.net

deployment issues with latest glassfish build

From: John Lister <john.lister_at_kickstone.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:14:32 +0100

  Hi, using the latest dev release (1.4.04 31/08/2010) in glassfish of
jersey I get 2 issues around deployment.

Firstly when I deploy, all seems to go well except I get a number of
warnings of the form
WARNING: WEB9052: Unable to load class getAbout, reason:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: getAbout
(where getAbout is a resource method) for each method within my resources.

Secondly when I try and run my application, I get a sequence of Null
Pointer errors listed below. This seems to be caused by an error
initialising a CDIComponentProviderFactory, calling
getInitializedExtension returns null (as no extension is assigned to the
threadlocal variable) which causes a NullPointerException when it tries
to assign the application. Then in the ContainerRequest constructor
another NullPointerException results when trying to enable the tracing
because the application hasn't been assigned.

This looks to be caused by the work around for the weld proxying bug as
previously getInitialisedExtensions wasn't called.

Thanks

John