users@jersey.java.net

ApacheHttpClient using HTTPSProperties

From: David Smith <smithd_at_isi.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:57:51 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to implement a Jersey client that can both handle cookies (which
is why I am using the ApacheHttpClient implementation) and self-signed
certificates. I created a custom SSLContext instance that will allow
self-signed certificates to be handled properly and set this in the
HTTPSProperties object that I am putting into the ApacheHttpClientConfig
map. I can see that my custom SSLContext trust manager is being called when
my client is created using Client.create() and a config map that has the
HTTPSProperties set, but for some reason the ApacheHttpClient I construct is
ignoring my SSLContext and seems to still use the default one even though I
had the HTTPSProperties parameter set properly in its config map.

Does ApacheHttpClientConfig support the HTTPSProperties property? If not,
is there a way to allow cookie support for the default client instance
without using ApacheHttpClientConfig?

Thank you for your help!

David Smith

Information Sciences Institute