users@jersey.java.net

Jersey 1.2 and Guice

Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:05:52 +0300

Hi,

I learn that there have been some improvements in the Guice
integration in the last Jersey release. Unfortunately I need to stay
with Jersey 1.2 due to the 1.5 requirement. Anyways, here are my two
questions:

1. are there any major reasons for the current Guice integration not
to work with Jersey 1.2?
2. what exactly are the current limitations?

All I could find about this have been published on Paul's blog, but
I'm worried if that is the complete information. For example, this
part is not at all clear: " Unfortunately due to Guice's restriction
in binding it is not currently possible to support the @*Params in the
same manner. "

I do plan to jump through the code, but it would be great to hear from
the experts if what I'm looking for could work and what final
limitations I might hit.

many thanks in advance,

:- alex