users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Standalone JAX-RS service

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 10:22:47 +0200

On May 3, 2010, at 7:51 PM, Markus Karg wrote:

> Paul,
>
> can you remember that you, me and some Java SE guy of Sun discussed a
> problem that the LW http server is crashing?

Yes.

> He agreed to provide a fix. Do
> you know whether this is contained in same recent JRE?

Are you talking about:

   http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6886436

? If so it was fixed in SE 7 but i do not think it was patched back to
SE 6.

IIRC correctly i persuaded the developer that the fix should not throw
an exception but should apply Postel's law to the HttpURLConnection
receiving such requests, but i dunno if that actually made it into the
fix.

> Thanks
> Markus
>
> P.S.: Hope you find some sleep meanwhile. ;-)

I am. The new kid is not the problem, the 2.5 year old is jealous :-)

Paul.