users@jersey.java.net

How to access init-param values from a Jersey web application

From: Martin Giese <martingi_at_ifi.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:57:33 +0200

Hi,

I have a nice litte web app with a main Application class (in fact, it
extends PackagesResourceConfig) and a few root resources.

Now I have put some configuration information into web.xml in
<init-param> elements. It seems that I need a ServletContext or
ServletConfig to get at the initialization parameters. I know I can use
@Context to inject these into the root resource classes, but that means
I get the values when a request is processed. I would like to get them
at initialization, i.e. in the constructor of the Application class. Is
that possible?

Yours,
    Martin