users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] hypermedia support missing ?

From: Pavel Bucek <Pavel.Bucek_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 22:35:47 +0200

On 5/17/10 10:25 PM, Diego Gil wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 20:59 +0200, Pavel Bucek wrote:
>
>> Hello Diego,
>>
>> this annotation is present in jersey hypermedia experimental module, you
>> have to declare additional dependency if you want to use it.
>>
>> add this to your pom file:
>>
>> <dependency>
>> <groupId>com.sun.jersey.experimental.hypermedia-action</groupId>
>> <artifactId>hypermedia-action-server</artifactId>
>> <version>1.2</version>
>> </dependency>
>>
>> and it should work.
>>
> Thanks.
>
> > From User Guide, I understood that some hypermedia support (Chapter 5)
> was already in place, released, and some other not (Chapter 6).

not really. Hypermedia support was never part of any stable jersey
release. It might have been part of 1.2-SNAPSHOT for a while (I'm not
sure of that)..

> There is any roadmap to have hypermedia support included in a stable
> release ?.
As far as I know it should be included in JAX-RS 2.0. It might became
part of jersey earlier, but probably not in near future. I guess Paul
will comment on that after he returns from vacation..

Pavel