users@jersey.java.net

Re: Deployment: provider recognized, but not instantiated?

From: ljnelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:28:53 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Paul Sandoz [via Jersey]
<ml-node+4946887-670833150-210534_at_n2.nabble.com> wrote:
> I think there might is a bug in the MBW sorting algorithm.
> https://jsr311.dev.java.net/nonav/releases/1.1/spec/spec3.html#x3-440004.2.2
>   4. Sort the selected MessageBodyWriter providers with a primary key of
> media type (see section 4.2.3) and a secondary key
>       of generic type where providers whose generic type is the nearest
> superclass of the object class are sorted first.
> and i am doing this the opposite for the secondary key, doh! So
> MessageBodyWriter<String> is sorted before MessageBodyWriter<Object>, rather
> than the other way around.
> I am not sure if that issue is causing you problems or not. Hard for me to
> tell without looking at all your code.

Ah, VERY interesting.

I actually made some headway, and have found that my provider does get
called. I'm in the process of unrolling some boneheaded errors, but I
will bear this bug in mind and report back when something else blows
up. :-)

Best,
Laird