users@jersey.java.net

API Internationalization

From: Alesque <agarino_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:46:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I need to design an API through REST in both English and French languages.
URIs, XML elements and XML attributes need to be in both languages.

The first approach is implementing the API once in English and creating
wrapper for French resources with delegate and mapper pattern.

As I am quite a lazy boy, I'd like to know if someone else has needed to
handle such use case and how he has dealt with it to reduce the Line Of Code
to the minimum.

I investigated the Jersey doc. MessageBodyWriter could help me to marshall
the Java object in English or French according to the requested uri. But I
don't know how I could deal with JAXB to marshalling Java objects into
English or French with an external XML binding instead of using annotations.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alexandre