users@jersey.java.net

Help with JacksonJSONProvider and Glassfish

From: John Lister <john.lister_at_kickstone.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:49:09 +0000

Hi I'm trying to port a legacy application which has some nuances in the
way it expects JSON to be output, all of which seem to be resolved if I
use the Jackson provider, however I'm struggling to get it to work with
glasfish. I've looked at the samples and various other articles on the
web, but none deal with web applications (war files) or glassfish, only
jar files. Taking the jersey sample, I've created a services directory
within the war file META-INF directory and placed the two files in there
specifying the jackson provider for reading and writing. But this
doesn't seem to get work, I've also added all the latest jackson jar
files to the project with no success.

Have I missed something, or does this not work as I'd like?

Thanks