users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jersey File upload method

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:57:40 +0100

On Mar 24, 2010, at 11:35 AM, emile wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Jersey in conjunction with Apache file upload to upload
> file
> content. The method in my resource is a PUT since it involvs updation.
>
> ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent(request) always returns false.
> However
> when the method was changed to POST it returns true. Not sure whats
> goin on.

See the source code:

http://www.docjar.com/html/api/org/apache/commons/fileupload/servlet/ServletFileUpload.java.html#61

    66 public static final boolean isMultipartContent(
    67 HttpServletRequest request) {
    68 if
(!"post".equals(request.getMethod().toLowerCase())) {
    69 return false;
    70 }
    71 String contentType = request.getContentType();
    72 if (contentType == null) {
    73 return false;
    74 }
    75 if (contentType.toLowerCase().startsWith(MULTIPART)) {
    76 return true;
    77 }
    78 return false;
    79 }

It restricts multipart forms to be used with POST requests.

Paul.