users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] marshalling to html templates

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:05:43 -0700

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Markus Karg <markus.karg_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> Well, this just describes an obviously possible technical way, but it I
> think it would be more interesting to learn what actual semantic translation
> you like to reach: HTML is about structuring documents into chapters, so how
> do you plan to structure cars, printers or fruits with HTML?

I may be wrong, but it sounded more like simple
debugging/troubleshooting tool -- so you could browse rest service to
see what's in there, interactively, although for "real" system it
would be automated.
If so, it sort of makes sense. Although I am not 100% sure why not
just browse as xml... modern browsers do adequate job of displaying
xml. And maybe by adding xsl stylesheets (or can you attach css on
plain old xml?) can prettify it some more if necessary.

-+ Tatu +-