users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Struggling to post file to a REST web service through Jersey Client

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 17:48:48 +0100

On Mar 9, 2010, at 5:36 PM, Monika Solanki wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> One thing that was mentioned to me was that I should provide the
>
> "Content-Type", which should be "text/xml"
>

> but I thought I took care of this.

Yes, the type method takes care of that.

> Other than that I don't know what
> else to look for.

Do you have access to the server logs? or is this a public service?

If you enable logging you might get some clues if there is any info in
the 500 response.

   client.addFilter(new LoggingFilter());

My own suspicious are that the server cannot process the XML document
in the post.xml file.

Paul.