users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Releasing Jersey 1.1.5 on the week of Jan 18th

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 15:39:13 +0100

On Jan 8, 2010, at 3:30 PM, Gisella Saavedra wrote:

> Paul,
>
> are these differences from JAX-RS only on the client side?

No, Jersey implements a bunch of extra stuff, see the right hand side
of the following for additional APIs:

   https://jersey.dev.java.net/

and look at the dependencies:

   https://jersey.dev.java.net/nonav/documentation/latest/user-guide.html
#chapter_deps

> I have not followed closely this topic.
>
> Which is the JAX-RS version?

Jersey 1.0.3.1 implements JAX-RS 1.0

Jersey 1.1.4.1 implements JAX-RS 1.1

JAX-RS 1.1 is binary backwards compatible with JAX-RS 1.0.

> Can you point to some URL explaining the differences and/or the
> reasons for
> this separation?

Jersey implements one or more APIs. One of those APIs is the JAX-RS
API which is specified by the JSR 311 Expert Group of the JCP, hence
the separation. The other APIs that Jersey implements are part of
Jersey itself. Developers wanting to develop portable JAX-RS
application should not depend on the Jersey APIs.

Paul.