users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Releasing Jersey 1.1.5 on the week of Jan 18th

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 14:04:04 +0100

On Jan 8, 2010, at 1:53 PM, Erdinc Yilmazel wrote:

> Why not 2.0?

Because i did not want to confuse developers into thinking there had
been a 2.0 release of JAX-RS. Of course even though a 2.0 release of
JAX-RS has not occurred some might think it plausible but a 3.0 is not
so plausible, and from then on there should be enough distance between
the two versions. as any new major version of JAX-RS will result in a
new major version of Jersey.

Does that seem reasonable?

Paul.