users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jersey JSON unmarshalling of array elements.

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:17:12 -0800

n Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Jakub Podlesak <Jakub.Podlesak_at_sun.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 05:24:12PM -0600, EWILLIAMS_at_CERNER.COM wrote:
>> I switched over to explicitly registering the JSONJacksonProvider, and this doesn't appear to be an issue any more.
>> Perhaps it doesn't use the package-info class?
>
> This is really strange, as the thing worked on my side even with the package-info class.
> Have you touched the file in any sense (namespace update or something similar)?.

package-info is used to add package-annotations, so conceivably it
could have some annotations that are used as defaults. Not that this
would seem likely, but JAXB does use defaulting based on package and
super-types.

Jackson "native" provider does not use these (unless configured
specifically to also understand JAXB annotations), so it is not
surprising that it would not be affected.

-+ Tatu +-