users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] _at_SessionParam or _at_SessionAttribute

From: Craig McClanahan <craigmcc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:36:42 -0800

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Erdinc Yilmazel <erdinc_at_yilmazel.com> wrote:
> Ok, I know that the session concept is not a Rest style approach and It may
> not be a best practice, however I believe Jersey is not just the reference
> implementation of JAXRS. I know many people using it as a general purpose
> web framework including me.

IMHO, that doesn't change the fact that using sessions compromises the
scalability of your application, even if you don't buy into REST. And
as Marc says, it would be bad for a framework designed to support REST
allowed you to easily do something so blatantly unRESTful.

There are plenty of other frameworks to choose from if session support
is important to you.

Craig McClanahan