users@jersey.java.net

JSONP

From: Ben Darfler <ben_at_locamoda.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:16:04 -0500

Forgive this question as it might not make sense yet but I'm trying to
wade through this.

I'm currently using jackson as the json provider for jersey. We have
an interest in supporting JSONP and I'm wondering if there is a way to
do this. I've found JSONWithPadding class in Jersey that seems to
suggest a way of doing this but I'm not sure of the syntax. Previous I
would just return a map from my restful method and jackson/jersey
would take care of the serialization. However, if I change the method
to return new JSONWithPadding(map) it fails and I'm not easily able to
figure out why. My gut says that I need to add JAXB annotations to my
objects which I have been able to avoid so far. Is there any way of
doing jsonp with jackson as the json provider for jersey? (whew thats
a lot of buzz words).

I asked the jackson mailer and they are interested in helping out on
this if anything needs to be done on their side.

http://archive.codehaus.org/lists/org.codehaus.jackson.user/msg/5f7770581001191408m3659e3e4w608b294ce6041947@mail.gmail.com

Ben

--
Software Engineer