users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Any plans to support client api in GWT

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:41:00 -0800

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 7:11 AM, James Strachan
<james.strachan_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd love to see something like this too - though am a bit snowed for a
> few weeks to dive in and help just yet.
>
> My initial thoughts were that I wondered if we could wire in the GWT
> serialization on the server side; so we could on the client side do
> RESTful GET/PUT/POST operations using the regular JS/Java
> serialisation format from GWT? Failing that I was thinking of using
> Jackson
> http://www.cowtowncoder.com/hatchery/jackson/
>
> Using GWT generators we might be able to do some auto-proxy style
> client interface (like RESTeasy does) or maybe make a Jersey
> client-like API for use in GWT.

I would also be interested, although right now I am focusing on
polymorphic deserialization aspects for Jackson. But after that (in 2
weeks or so) I might have more cycles. GWT is one of the things that
would be nice interoperate with.
I am not very familiar with GWT, but probably multiple not-so-experts
working together could patch together something usable. :-D

-+ Tatu +-