users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Server prioritization of media types

From: James Strachan <james.strachan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:49:48 +0000

2009/12/18 Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_sun.com>:
> On Dec 18, 2009, at 3:21 PM, James Strachan wrote:
>> The only other thought I have right now is, I generally dislike
>> annotations with arrays in them; as you can't use constants (probably
>> due to arrays not being immutable). The various produces/consumes
>> annotations can often end up being not very DRY as you have to cut n
>> paste the usual suspects of MIME types all over the place. So I'd like
>> to be able to use a single String parameter for @Produces, @Consumes,
>> @ImplicitProduces,
>
> Good point. We fixed that for JAX-RS 1.1, you logged the issue :-)

Yeah I know :) Just wanted to make sure we're consistent allowing a
single String for all the related MIME type annotations

>  https://jsr311.dev.java.net/nonav/releases/1.1/javax/ws/rs/Produces.html#value%28%29
>
> @ImplicitProduces has the same semantics.
>

>> @ProducesOrder - so folks can use a couple of
>> constant String values across all their code (as there's likely to be
>> only a fairly small set of values of these things in any app).
>>

> OK, are your fine with the proposed syntax?

Yes, looks good to me!

I guess its not possible to use a ">" token instead of "," when
passing multiple MIME types as a single String with @Produces? Was
just wondering if ordering could be combined into @Produces such as
@Produces("text/html > text/xml") etc. If its not easily possible then
for sure the @ProducesOrder sounds good to me