users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jersey+jackson demo

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:54:16 +0100

On Dec 16, 2009, at 7:48 PM, Felipe Gaścho wrote:

> humm.. sorry Paul, I can't get the point of this example.. what is it,
> how it works?

It shows how to set up to use Jackson JAX-RS providers without having
to define an instance of somethng that extends
javax.ws.rs.core.Application that registered root resource and
provider classes.

> I have a regular Jersey web app running under Glassfish.. what should
> I copy where to make it work ?

Look at META-INF/services files and the dependencies in the pom.xml

         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.codehaus.jackson</groupId>
             <artifactId>jackson-jaxrs</artifactId>
             <version>1.1.1</version>