users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Rid off the _at_at symbol on JSON responses?

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:49:42 -0800

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_sun.com> wrote:
> Some observations when using Jackson 1.3.1:
>
> - when including the dependency on jackson-jaxrs version 1.3.1 i also had to
> add the following dependency otherwise a
>  ClassNotFound would occur:

This may be partially my fault: 1.3.1 did have accidental back
dependency from jackson-jaxrs module to jackson-xc (xml
compatibility). 1.3.2 fixes this particular issue.

You do need xc module to use JAXB annotations; however, if you are not
doing that, it should be possible to omit it. 1.3.2 will do this
correctly.

But it probably does make sense for Jersey to include both, since many
users would want to use JAXB annotations.
(and for this, there is the added JacksonJaxbJsonProvider that extends
basic JacksonJsonProvider, that will register JAXB annotations
automatically)

-+ Tatu +-