users@jersey.java.net

maven mixes jars?

From: Roger Pack <rogerdpack_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:44:37 -0700

Situation.

Within a maven module, I have a dependency on an artifact that
[through its children dependencies] relies on jersey-1.0.2

I then add a dependency to jersey-test-framework 1.1.4

When I run my tests, I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/sun/jersey/core/util/FeaturesAndProperties

Looking at the jars maven actually ends up using, it appears to be using
jersey-test-framework 1.1.4
jersey-server 1.1.4
jersey-client 1.0.2
jersey-core 1.0.2

where the FeaturesAndProperties class is found in jersey-core 1.1.4 [not 1.0.2].

If I add an explicit dependency on jersey-client 1.1.4, jersey-core
1.1.4 is also used.

Anybody know if this is expected/what is going on here? Shouldn't it
choose the highest version required, by default?
Thanks.
-r