users@jersey.java.net

Build was broken <was> Fwd: [Lift] Re: javax.mail 1.4.3-SNAPSHOT

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:12:27 +0100

Hi,

Damn maven!

It seems the following dependency in lift is causing the Jersey-lift
module to fail (See end of my email for the error):

>> <dependency>
>> <groupId>javax.mail</groupId>
>> <artifactId>mail</artifactId>
>> <version>[1.4,1.5)</version>
>> </dependency>

And it cannot find:

  javax.mail:mail:jar:1.4.3-rc1

I worked around by adding an explicit dependency to the jersey-lift
pom.xml:

     <dependency>
       <groupId>javax.mail</groupId>
       <artifactId>mail</artifactId>
       <version>1.4.2</version>
     </dependency>

It also works if i set the version to 1.4.3-rc1. Perhaps 1.4.3-
SNAPSHOT and 1.4.3-rc1 are in conflict?

There was some discussion in the lift alias but i am not much the
wiser for it (see forwarded email).

Paul.

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) javax.mail:mail:jar:1.4.3-rc1

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.mail -DartifactId=mail -
Dversion=1.4.3-rc1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the
file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=javax.mail -DartifactId=mail -
Dversion=1.4.3-rc1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -
DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
          1) com.sun.jersey.contribs:jersey-lift:jar:1.1.4-ea-SNAPSHOT
          2) net.liftweb:lift-webkit:jar:1.1-SNAPSHOT
          3) net.liftweb:lift-util:jar:1.1-SNAPSHOT
          4) javax.mail:mail:jar:1.4.3-rc1

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  com.sun.jersey.contribs:jersey-lift:jar:1.1.4-ea-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  m.g.o-central (http://maven.glassfish.org/content/repositories/central/
),
  scala-tools.org (http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases),